2 Jul 2013

Vanity


In an egocentric attempt to find out how many of you read this and where you are all from I was clicking on the stats for this blog. (May I extend a BIG hello to all of you who live far far away from South Wales by the way- especially if you are not in the US, Romania or Canada as I have no idea who any of you are!)

Anyway, after clicking around for a bit I found traffic sources which was quite interesting, as Stephen Fry would say. Most of the referring sites were general searches and some were from friends' blogs, but there was another blog-sounding site I didn't recognise, so I clicked on it. 

I don't have firewall software on my lap top cause the kids don't use it. And I missed the keeping safe online lectures at school because there was no internet when I was at school. I was unprepared.

The link wasn't a blog at all but a naked woman, posing as if for some post natal examination of stitches. (I assumed this position for a midwife some years ago, so I know whereof I speak).

There was no blog. There was no narrative about child birth. There was no information about stitches either. Just BIG pictures, a name and a phone number.

So now I am very worried. Why did someone looking at that site get directed here??? What kind of messed up algorithm have you constructed to make our 2 sites even remotely affiliated, Mr Google?? 

I feel violated. 

1 comment: