28 Jun 2016

Policy making

E: I've decided to be a politician when I grow up.
Me: Really? What party will you join?
E: My own. It doesn't exist yet. It will be all the best bits from Capitalism and all the best bits of Communism and a few other ideas that I like all whizzed up in a blender.
Me: OK... So how will that work exactly?
E: Dunno. I'll free lance for a bit and see how it goes. I'm free lancing at the moment actually. (On Minecraft)
Me: Doing WHAT though? I still don't understand what you do.
E: It's like a consultancy thing.
Me: Peddling weaponry??!
E: Mining iron. And other ore. Then manufacturing weapons.
Me: Selling your soul to the highest bidder?
Me: No - I'm FREElancing. I'm my own company.
Me: Who are you working for?
E: Well, the Capitalists today. But the Communists need my services too. I've got to be neutral though - because whatever side I join will win.
Me: That sounds like too much power for one person to ever have.
E: Yeah - but I have it, so it will be fine.
Me: I'm actually disturbed by this conversation. You only care about profit. Not the villagers.
E: No, I don't care about money at all. I'm generating currency all the time. It's about the design and innovation.
Me: Then design and innovate a new world order then! Why have art imitate life??! Why make a system based on weapons? What about sustainable power? Hospitals? Don't your Minecraft people get sick? If you could start again what would you do differently? Build a better thing rather than reflecting the stupid world we have!
E: Well, no. And that's not how you win.
Me: How do you win?
E: You kill the other side.
Me: That's just ridiculous.
E: (Shakes head and rolls eyes) It's a GAME, mum...






No comments:

Post a Comment