11 Feb 2014

Cooking issues (ongoing)

Our Cookiemoon is definitely fading. There's less enthusiasm for picking menus. Shopping is still fun and educational, but I only get willing volunteers if the alternative involves homework or getting ready for bed. After 20 years of meandering up and down the aisles in a carefree manner, I falter and panic without a list. The putting away of stuff on return home is getting old with K and me doing rock paper scissors to see who gets the fridge, and that's before the cooking part has even happened yet.

Hmm.

I can scrutinise our lifestyle and analyse it to death, but I think my basic problem is I like the kitchen to look like this:


But it often looks like this.


It also involves me spending much time doing this.



When I'd much rather be spending time with them (plus the 
biggest one who has refused photography permission).



Doing things like this.



And making things like this.



Then arguing over this.



Can someone please hurry up and invent this?



That would be great.