5 Jan 2012

Trouble in ze burrow...

(Aftermath of sibling argument which did not reflect well on eldest)
Me: You can go now. But you need to do something first don't you?
Ethan: (Nods)
Me: You need to go and say sorry to Jackson, don't you?
Ethan: (Nods again)
Me: Why?
Ethan: (Blank stare into my eyes).
Me: You know why, don't you?
Ethan: (Blank stare continues)

Me: I'm not getting on at you. I just need to know (hold his head in both my hands) how this brain works. Cause I don't understand how it thinks...
Ethan/Big Paw Meerkat: If you do that to theez brain eet only eez making it angry.
Muzzar Meerkat: (Drops paws from his head) Oh- I am not wishing to anger eet... Perhaps I love eet instead? (kiss his forehead)
Big Paw Meerkat: (Shocked expression) If you arr doing theez a fuse weel blow and thee brain weel explode!
Muzzar Meerkat: Hmm. Perhaps maybes you weel just say sorry to yor bruzzar and we weel not discuz it furzar?
Big Paw Meerkat: Theez would be much bettar. I go now and see heem.
Muzzar Meerkat: Thanking you

(Psychologists could have a field day analysing our family....)